Monday, February 10, 2014

The Ammo Ninja.

   First I want to thank the blog owner for allowing me to be part of this blog.  I will do my best to keep track of the ever changing world of ammunition.  As we all know there are gougers out there ripping off new shooters who think "they are getting a good deal."  Being involved in a few transactions myself, I know how that can be, and believe me, I have been burned as well because I failed to do my homework.  Live and learn right?
   In case I don't get online to update ammo prices, I want to provide you with a list of links that I use personally to find and post ammo:

Slickguns - With this link, I have signed up for email alerts that will send me an email when the price per round is under a maximum amount I am willing pay.  Currently I have the following alerts set up:
22lr, 9mm, .380 ACP, 40 S&W, .45 ACP, and .223/5.56.  If there is a caliber that is not listed that you wish to see on here, please let me know in the comments.

Gun Bot - Works the same way as Slickguns, but I do not receive email alerts.

Ammo Seek - Works the same way as Slickguns, but I do not receive email alerts.

Ammo-can - This seeker tracks the ammo that local Walmarts get in once the ammo is scanned into the store.  Here is an excerpt from my notes from my personal FB Page in regards to this link:
  1. Type in your State and Ammo Caliber you are searching for.
  2. Click Go.
  3. This should bring up a page of Walmart Store numbers and availabity of the round you are looking for.  This site's disclaimer is that it is NOT 100% accurate.  I found that it is fairly accurate.
  4. In a separate tab in the same browser...
  5. Go to Walmart.com.
  6. Go to find a store.
  7. Type in your zip code to bring up the nearest store.
  8. Type in the caliber ammo you are searching for in the search box.
  9. Click Search.

It should bring up the caliber you are looking for.  Look for the type of ammo that you have pulled up on ammo-can.net and they should co-inside.

If both show in-stock, call the store to now triple verify that it has that particular caliber in stock.
Go to the store and buy the ammo.

I tried this  8/2/13 and when I arrived at the local Walmart and talked to the clerk, he then dissappeared to the back and after a few minutes, out came him and the manager.  I showed him the information on my mobile and he still tried to tell me that it wasn't in stock but on a truck on its way there...(In stock shows up once its scanned at the store) Also, he stated that if its not on the shelf at the counter, its not in stock...I told him that I knew the deal and that the ammo was off the truck and in the back.  He then told me that to be fair to all the customers (hmm I thought I was the customer) that the ammo gets stocked at around 7/8am the next morning and that was their "policy". (I call bullshit)  Knowing that I wasn't going to get any ammo tonight, I thanked him for the information and will make my way back in the morning.

Using the websites and calling are not 100% perfect as I found out, but at least I know if I am first in line in the morning, I will get the ammo I am looking for.  I suggest this for anyone looking for ammo.

This is my first of many contribution posts to this blog.  Stay tuned.....

Ammo Ninja Eddie

No comments:

Post a Comment